Comment on page
In this section, you can create and edit category trees (independent category structures – on the figure are 3 trees - Manufacturers, Colors and Categories), which are used for sorting individual products in your e-shops.
On the left, you can see a list of all your sales channels. Clicking on a channel, you will display list the categories you have created and their structure for the selected channel next to this list. In the category list, you can move existing categories by dragging them to another structure. Right-click on a selected category to adjust, rename, or create a new one (also with the Add Category button). On the right selection, you can see statistics about the number of categories created in the given sales channel and the number of created trees
This section is divided into three columns. The first is to add a photo to the category. The added photo will be displayed in the e-shop as a thumbnail or there is an option to display a banner next to the category. Next section (General):
- Title – the name of the category as it will be displayed on the site
- Path – URL address that will refer to the category
- Brief description
- Note – this is an internal note in the system
- Display in filters – ability to select Displayed/Hidden – display the category in the category structure in the e-shop
- Category order – the order of the category in which it will be displayed on the web
- Parent category – select a parent category on the web. The whisper works when filling in.
Last section (Third-side categories). Here you can integrate categories from Retailys with third-side categories (Zboží.cz, Heureka.cz and Google merchant)
Practically, a seller creates a completely different category structure on each own website. There are two main reasons for this: 1) different geographical restrictions, e.g. in the form of licenses, which do not allow the sale of goods to a particular country. Then the category of such restricted products cannot appear on a particular localized site at all. 2) Each site can be focused on different products, so the categories on the two sites will be completely different.